GARR is pleased to offer 10 Ori Carlini Scholarships for young talents. These scholarships are open to students who have a study and research project focused on the digital network and infrastructures.
GARR is the Italian national computer network for universities and research. The main objective of GARR is to design and manage a very high-performance network infrastructure that delivers advanced services to the Italian academic and scientific community.
International students must have full proficiency of Italian and a good level of English.
- Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for research projects.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are offered to young talents who are keen on networking and ICTs and who would like to present a research project on the application of innovative technologies for the development of digital infrastructures and their services in multidisciplinary contexts.
- Scholarship Award: 10 scholarships worth € 19,000 gross each to carry out a 12-month research project with the possibility of extending the application of innovative technologies for the development of digital infrastructures and their services in multidisciplinary contexts. Projects can be carried out at the GARR headquarters in Rome or within one of the scientific, cultural and academic institutions connected to the GARR network.
- Number of Scholarships: There are 10 scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to Italian and foreign students.
- Entrance Requirements:
All born in 1988 and in possession of a three-year, magistral, specialist or single-cycle degree obtained at universities or institutes of higher education in Italy or the European Union or equivalent.
The scholarship is compatible with enrollment in the Master’s Degree Program.
The scholarship is compatible with admission to the PhD program as long as it is without a scholarship and only if the themes of the research activity of the Doctorate are relevant to the activity proposal of the GARR scholarship.
- English Language Requirements: Participation is open to Italian and foreign citizens provided with a fluent command of Italian language written and spoken (C1) and a good knowledge of the English language (B2).
To participate in the selection, it is necessary to identify the theme of the study activity and the structure at which the activity will take place. This information will be included in an Activity Proposal containing:
- The title of the theme proposed for the activity (max 20 words);
- A brief summary of the theme proposed for the activity (max 10 lines);
- The references to the structure that will host the scholarship holder (name, address, website), the references of its Director and an internal Tutor (name, surname, telephone number and e-mail);
- The detailed description of the proposed activity, which gives evidence of the relevance of the proposed themes with the GARR activities and of the expected impact in the short and medium term (max 4 pages). In particular, if you are interested in doing business at GARR, these are the topics of interest : Monitoring, telemetry and analytics for new generation networks; Proof-of-concept on use-case for transport networks over 100 Gbps with SDN and DCI solutions; Development of virtual network functions and orchestration of network services and related life cycles; Data plane optimization and programmability and GARR infrastructure automation paradigms;
- The profile of the candidate, complete with a short curriculum and with an indication of the degree mark and exams taken (max 2 pages).
How to Apply:
To participate in the selection, it is necessary to fill in the online application form, to which the Activity Proposal and the Host institution’s declaration in PDF format will be attached.