Makerere University College of Health Sciences core business is to train health workers, conduct research and provide healthcare services to community. Innovations that emerge from the above business can improve training, healthcare delivery.
- Provide strategic guidance for activities related to converting MakCHS knowledge assets into actions that influence health policy and practice.
- Create opportunities for linkage between researchers and decision makers in order to accelerate the use of scientific research in decision making.
- Support scientists to translate their research findings and innovations into versions that convey clear messages for the intended lay consumers.
- Support MakCHS’ Intellectual Property Protection processes
- Participate in knowledge translation initiatives within MakCHS and beyond in order to widen networks of influence for use of science in health decision making.
- Perform operational research to improve the uptake of research into practice.
- Deliver (implement) the MakCHS IKT strategic plan 2012-2017
- Perform any other related business as may be assigned by the Principal, MakCHS.
- The applicant should possess a first or higher degree in a health related field with a minimum of four years’ research experience including research to policy engagements or a first degree in a communications related field with four years’ research uptake coordination.
- Strong advocacy and networking experience
- Detailed knowledge of Intellectual Property Protection processes is an added advantage
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good people relations
- Experience working a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Good command of the English language.
- Other commonly spoken local and international languages is an added advantage
Deadline: Friday, 30th May 2014 (5:00pm)