“Taking Uganda to Modernity through Job-creation and Inclusive Development”, is the theme and message of the 2016 Manifesto for the ruling National Resistance Movement (NRM) party.
The Manifesto that was launched on Friday 06th November 2015 is aimed at taking Uganda to a competitive middle income country from a predominantly low-income society, according to President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni.
“The NRM has achieved monumental landmarks in all sectors. If we continue at this pace, Uganda shall transform into a middle-income country and we shall be a prosperous nation in the near future”, the President and NRM party flag bearer says.
In a bid to making Uganda Africa’s gateway, the NRM manifesto sets out priority areas of focus which include the following;
- Strengthening Security
- Good Governance and Democracy
- Consolidating Growth
- Employment and Macro-economic stability; Agriculture, Industry, Tourism
- Human Capital Development; Health
- Infrastructure Development for Competitiveness
- Trade, Sustainable harnessing of Natural Resources
- Public and Private Sector Institutional Development
- International and Regional Cooperation.