Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Focal Contact Manager
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in collaboration with the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (Responsible Party), Ministry of Water and Environment (Lead Implementing Partner) and other Stakeholders are implementing Inclusive Green Growth for Poverty Reduction Programme, 2016 to 2020.
Job Summary: The Project Finance and Administration Officer will provide administrative and finance support to the project implementation and Project Focal Contact Manager to ensure effective running of the project management unit. The incumbent is responsible for all administrative (contractual, organizational and logistical) matters under the project and provides necessary assistance to Project Management Unit in the implementation of day-to-day project activities. The jobholder provides all necessary support to the Project Team in the implementation of the project in accordance with the UNDP procedures, including financial-administrative aspects of the Project implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in administrative issues to ensure the effective running of the project management unit;
- Drafting project correspondence and documents;
- Preparing draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes in consultation with UNDP Project Team, Implementing Partner and Responsible Parties;
- Under Project Manager’s coordination providing services for performance evaluation review of project personnel.
- Providing administrative and financial consultations to the recipients of funds supporting local initiatives for timely submitting of good quality financial reports, required by UNDP rules and procedures
- Undertake timely preparation of accountabilities with supporting documents on project funds advanced to MGLSD.
- Provide proper accounting to the project by controlling the supporting documents for payments and reviewing financial reports from Local Task Coordinators in Brest and Grodno regions, Grant manager, Ecotourism Advisor, sub-contractors and sub-recipients;
- Prepare and submit payment requests with proper support documentation to UNDP
- Provide necessary financial and logistical support to the PM and project consultants in conducting different project activities.
- Collect and keep files of project documents, expert reports and ensure general circulation of documents;
- Maintain the project’s disbursement ledger and journal;
- Provide financial monitoring and reporting focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Offer financial support to ensure an effective running of the project management unit in compliance with UNDP rules, regulations and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system;
- Provide follow-up on audit recommendations (including GoU Audit recommendations);
- Implement effective internal controls and ensure proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system due to the UNDP and GoU procedures;
- Contribute to preparation of periodic financial reports required by relevant national and/or donor procedures for project, donors, government and other parties involved in implementation and funding of activities clue to the UNDP and GoU procedures;
- Interact with UNDP to request funds transfer, verify financial reports, budget revisions;
- Provide financial monitoring over project commitments and expenditures, and assist the PM in assuring proper project delivery;
- Regularly interact with sub-recipient organizations in facilitation and preparation of the financial reports and other related documentation, directing and consulting of sub-recipients on proper reporting tools;
- Draft documents for comprehensive evaluations in line with relevant UNDP/GoU and national procedures;
- Draft project budget revisions;
- Assist in procurement of services and goods under the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honor’s Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Social Work and Social Administration Development Studies BBA and B Com (Management)
- Post-graduate Qualification in Project Planning, Business Administration or Finance is an added advantage
- A minimum of four years of relevant Project Planning and Management experience;
- Excellent finance and budgeting skills;
- Working knowledge of UNDP rules and regulations is an advantage;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acts as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Outstanding analytical, organizational and administrative skills;
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to monitor and take corrective action to ensure adherence to organizational values, norms and principles.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 30th December 2016 by 11:00 am