Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant (Graduate Intern) will support growing tasks in the Kamuli Administration Department particularly supporting the Administration Assistant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of Fleet at the PA
- Prepares weekly transport schedules to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in staff movements and in accordance with the transport policy.
- Prepares motor vehicle and motorcycles mileage reports monitoring the monthly effectiveness and efficiency use of the Fleet at Kamuli Programme Unit by the 10th of the following month.
- Completes and shares Monthly Fuel and Repair Analysis Consumption Reports by the 10th of each subsequent month with clear identified gaps in vehicle/motorcycle operations and also suggested corrective actions to be implemented hence effective monitoring of the life span of fleet.
- Manages booking for repairs of motorcycles and motor vehicles.
- Prepares and submits reports related to fleet i.e. Monthly Fleet management report, Fuel reconciliations, Monthly Motor vehicle mileage report
- Ensure proper filing of all Fleet Documents.
Management of Fixed Assets:
- Updates of asset register are completed by capturing new acquisitions, transfers and disposals done in FAME within a maximum of 5 working days as they occur for assets above $500.
- Keeps track of assets below $500 that are not registered in FAME but vital for operations of the organisation.
- Conducts quarterly assets verification and produce a signed report by the 10th day of the month after end of every quarter.
- Carry out annual asset account in conjunction with an independent staff from Accounts Department, a signed report is produced that documents findings of the annual count.
- Reports of losses and misuse of assets shared with the supervisor for action within 10 working days after incident happening.
- Ensure proper filing of all Fixed Assets.
Management of Security at Programme Unit
- Routinely monitors fleet that is kept in the office compound by generating a brief report every Monday.
- Routinely ensure that all the Office Security Systems are properly working and report and defects to the Supervisor for rectification.
- Manages the office First Aid Kits and fire extinguishers are serviced on schedule. In liaison with the Supervisor prepare refresher trainings to staff on the appropriate skills to operate the devices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Plan International Logistics Assistant (Graduate Intern) job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree inSocial Sciences or any related field
- The applicant must be a recent graduate of not more than 18 months
- No working experience required
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure and produce results within deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish credibility quickly
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English
- Knowledge and ability to use MS Office tools
- Graduates should be willing to commit their time on the programme for the entire year.
- Graduates with demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude, ability to learn.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Plan as Graduate Interns must submit the following:
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae with Contact telephone numbers
- Copies of relevant certificates
- Names and contact details of three references.
- Statement indicating the objective of the internship and the expected outcomes.
- In all cases, intern applicants will be required to include details of their course of study, number of years in college, respective grades attained, at-least a 500 words write-up on “Reasons for their interest in joining Plan International Uganda as an intern”.
Send application package to:
Ag. Country Human Resources Manager,
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 24th March, 2017
NB: Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 31st July 2017