Job Title: Accountant
Organization: People Performance Group (PPG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
People Performance Group (PPG) is a human resource company based in Uganda. We pride our self in providing “Professional Client Centered HR Solutions” tailored to our client’s demands and needs. Our mission to ensure our clients have the right people, in the right roles at the right time, to achieve results. Our client a worldwide leader in providing secured identification, security, traceability, and authentication solutions and services. The company offers security ink solutions for security applications, such as banknotes, official identity documents (passports, identity cards, birth certificates, etc.), postage stamps, tax banderoles, security labels, and product markings.
Job Summary: The Accountant will provide financial assistance and support during the implementation of the project in Uganda; monitor CAPEX and operating expenses during the implementation. The incumbent will run financial, reporting, and accounting aspects of the company. This will involve supporting the local FM for an operation of roughly 60 people across Uganda and operating within the agreed processes and systems of the division. The Accountant will liaise with Group Headquarters to ensure consistency in reporting processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure “order to cash” and “procure to pay” processes are properly implemented and comply with local regulations.
- Guarantee and ensure implementation and follow-up of internal and external accounting standards, group policies and tax rules. Establish financial statements in line with standards (both statutory and management financial statements).
- Interact with customers, suppliers, external auditors, banks, tax authorities and various entities (chamber of commerce, associations)
- In charge of cash monitoring, cash collection and cash optimization.
- Ensure compliance with fiscal requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Participate to negotiation with local equipment suppliers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of commerce degree, with a concentration in Accounting or Finance or a relevant field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Experienced Accountant with at least 5 years’ experience in finance and within an international service / project based organization.
- High level of integrity.
- Performance oriented.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Good knowledge of local regulations and tax system in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs and cover letters with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O. Box 12405, Kampala Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23rd December 2018