Organisation: Uganda Tourism Board (UTB)
Position: Administrative Assistant
Deadline :Friday, 11th January 2019
Duty Station:Kampala , Uganda , East Africa , 256
Date Posted: 17th December 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB), a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008 Statutory objectives of UTB:
- To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
- To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
- Carry out any other activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the two objectives specified above.
UTB an equal opportunity employer seeks to recruit suitably qualified and competent Ugandan professionals to fill the following positions;
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
SALARY SCALE: T6
DUTY STATION: UTB HEADQUATERS
REPORTS TO: HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide high quality and sustainable administrative and logistical support, to enable the smooth running of transport operations at UTB
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the management of the transport and logistical function of UTB.
- Oversees the centralized transport operations.
- Keeps a register of the assets of the Board.
- Supervises the administrative officer.
- Assists with the management of utilities.
- Liaises with security guard on issues of safety and security and report to the supervisor.
- Points out to the supervisor issues that need the attention of the landlord.
- Should possess an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Transport and Logistics Management or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Computer literacy and mechanical knowledge is an added advantage
- Records and inventory management skills are essential.
At least Three (3) years relevant experience from a reputable Organization
(iv) Personal attributes
- Planning, organizing and coordinating
- Time management
- Leadership and Team Work, Accountability, Communication and, Ethics and Integrity.
(ii) AGE LIMIT: Not above 35 YEARS
- High level of integrity
- Communications skills.
- IT skills.
- Problem solving skills.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- The transport function of UTB coordinated.
- Centralized operations overseen.
- Assets register kept.
- Administrative Assistant supervised.
- Utilities issued.
- Issues of safety and security reported to the Administration and human resource Manager.
- Issues that need the attention of the landlord the Administration and brought to the attention of the Supervisor.
Job application procedure
Interested and eligible Ugandans who meet the above requirements are invited apply.
Application with detailed CVs( with email, telephone contact and postal address),plus copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, testimonials, copy of valid identity card, contact details ( telephone, postal and email addresses) of the three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below latest 5:00pm Friday, 11th January 2019
The Chief Executive Officer
Uganda Tourism Board
Plot 42, Rotary Avenue,
P.O. BOX 7211,