Host Institution(s): University of Amsterdam in Netherlands
Field(s) of study: Eligible English-Taught Masters Programme offered in the the following faculties:
• Amsterdam Law School
• Economics and Business
• Faculty of Science
• Graduate School of Child Development and Education
• Graduate School of Communication
• Graduate School of Humanities
• Graduate School of Psychology
• Graduate School of Social Sciences
Number of Scholarships: Up to 15 annually
Target group: Non-EU/EEA International Students
Scholarship value/inclusions: The AES is a full scholarship of €25,000 (covering tuition and living expenses) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes.
Eligibility: Candidates wishing to apply for an AES programme must meet the following requirements:
• Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under studiefinanciering, the Dutch system of study grants and loans
• Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered in the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes
• Be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s programme at the UvA for the first time.
• Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the IND (Dutch Immigration Service).
• Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded.
• The candidate should not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES.
It is important to read the compete eligibility criteria.
The AES application period runs from 1 November 2015 to 15 January 2016.
Applications are made through the Admissions Offices of the graduate schools. Students who meet all the requirements can apply for the AES when they apply to their chosen Master’s programme. However, please be aware that the scholarship application deadline is 15 January 2016, which is earlier than the application deadline for most of the Master’s programmes.