The University of Nottingham in partnership with Chevening Secretariat is proud to offer 10 scholarship opportunities to outstanding students from Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Uganda. The scholarships cover tuition fees, a living allowance and return airfare.
The application closing date for 2015/16 Chevening Scholarships is 15 November 2014.
These awards are being offered in addition to the main Chevening Awards. The Chevening/Nottingham Partnership Award is a new scholarship opportunity for 2015/16 entry, available for scholars from Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Uganda who wish to study a one-year masters degree within the following faculties, schools and departments:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- School of Geography – courses related to the environment only
- Institute for Science and Society – courses related to science only
- Nottingham University Business School – courses allied to Operations Management only
Candidates from Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Uganda are encouraged to consider courses within the above subject areas, to benefit from the Chevening/Nottingham Partnership Award. Click here to apply for the scholarship
Candidates from eligible countries who wish to study a course outside of these faculties, as well as candidates from all other countries are welcome to apply to Nottingham through the main Chevening programme.
How to apply for a Chevening Award at the University of Nottingham?
All candidates must visit the Apply page and select their region and country to proceed.
Then there are two ways to apply for a Chevening Award to study at the University of Nottingham:
- Candidates from Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and Uganda will be given the option to select ‘Chevening/Nottingham University Scholarship’. This will automatically register your first university preference as the University of Nottingham. You must then select a course that you are interested in studying (within the specified fields) at Nottingham. The application form will also ask you to select two other university/course preferences. These can be at Nottingham or they can be at any other UK university.
- Candidates from all other countries should submit an application through the standard Chevening Award programme. You must then enter the University of Nottingham as your top preference on the application form.
For further information, please see the Chevening Scholarships website.
About the University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham, described by The Sunday Times University Guide 2014 as ‘one of the first to embrace a truly international approach to higher education’, has award-winning campuses in the United Kingdom, China and Malaysia and hosts a truly global academic community in all three countries.
Ranked within the top 1% of all universities worldwide, Nottingham combines traditional teaching methods with the latest in learning technology to deliver world-class degrees and research. Watch this video to see why scholars enjoy studying at Nottingham: