Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarships are available for the academic year 2018-2019. They are designed to reward students of any nationality who demonstrate the highest academic excellence and potential.
The Master’s Degree is aimed at all graduates in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, etc. interested in acquiring quality postgraduate training in fields related to Nuclear Physics.
NuPhys is a two-year Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Course in Nuclear Physics. This Course is based on the expertise of a consortium of Spanish Universities (Seville, Autónoma de Madrid, Barcelona, Complutense de Madrid and Salamanca) plus Universities of Caen Basse-Normandie, Padova, and Catania.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in fields related to Nuclear Physics.
Scholarship Award: The participation costs requested from all students for the full Master course (2 years=120 ECTs) will be 6000 EUR, an amount that does not exceed the maximum contribution received by either European or Third Country students earning an Action 1 scholarship. Students’ participation costs have been calculated for 25 students and based on the implementation costs, that take into account the needs and means of the partners for the development of the Master Course. It should be noted that in all country members the amount requested to the students is smaller since the corresponding Ministry covers part of the actual expenses. Most funds can be used to support common activities, internship, etc. The student participation costs include:
- Tuition fees.
- Additional activities: internships and specialised common courses
- Academics and invited experts’ mobility.
- NuPhys EMJMD Administrative assistants and office supplies.
- NuPhys Consortium Committee meetings.
- Website design and maintenance.
- Report of the NuPhys E+ EMJMD edition.
- Master Thesis examinations.
Number of Scholarships: There will be 16 Erasmus + Scholarships per edition of the Master Course. Out of these, 12 will be for partner country students and 4 for programme country students.
Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Candidates for the NuPhys EMJMD must hold:
- A university qualification corresponding to bachelor in Physics according to the Bologna framework. Majors in related areas as Chemistry, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or similar or any other kind of scientist or engineer with a background related to the objective of the NuPhys EMJMD can be considered as elective candidates but with the lower preference.
- Commitment in writing to full-time study for the two-year period of the Masters Course.
English Language Requirements: English, candidates from countries where English is not one of the official languages, must demonstrate their knowledge of English by proving that they have received their education in English or with a certified language level equivalent to B2 using the CEF (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- TOEFL test: minimum score 78 (210 computer-based/547 paper-based test)
- IELTS test: minimum score 6.0, at least 5.7 on each sub-score (Academic test and not the General one!)
- Cambridge International Examinations: FCE level B2 with minimum score 72.
Only students who had their bachelor education in Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia do not need to send in an English language test.
All applications for admission have to be submitted online, through this application system, to the Coordinating Institution (University de Seville) for their processing. Please, download the application form below and complete it with your data.
- Template of application
- Template for admission/rejection
- Templates for Student Agreements
- Student contractual duties, including in this case: legalised staying in Europe, fully participate in the programme, compliance with all universities regulations and payment of the registration fees.
- Student Book
How to Apply:
The selection process is unique for admission and grant assignment. Please, go to Application Procedure in the Application & Admission label.