Job Title: Database Administrator
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and eight contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Database Administrator will be reporting directly to the Manager Business Systems (M BS) and will plan and develop a database ensuring the performance, integrity and security of all institution’s application data bases
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, develop, customize and install enterprise databases in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Maintain database integrity by ensuring database parameters, objects and access are standardized and managed.
- Maintain database security by ensuring security plans and measures are laid out and followed.
- Monitor database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters.
- Maintain business continuity preparedness for enterprise databases by implementing disaster recovery procedures
- Perform system database integrations to introduce new innovative business channels by ensuring end to end integration with third party systems
- Introduce new technology tools and applications that enable accommodation of changing business requirements.
- Planning, sizing installation and conﬁguration of enterprise database management systems on new server installations during primary disaster recovery and staging environment setups.
- Writing database documentation. including data standards. procedures and deﬁnitions for the data dictionary and capacity planning.
- Budget for new installations and licensing.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Manager Business Systems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Database Administrator job placement should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution in Computer Science or in any other relevant ﬁeld.
- Certifications in Microsoft certified database administrator (MSCDBA) or Oracle database. Microsoft SQL.
- Three years of working experience in a busy ICT environment preferably within a banking institution.
- Should have a high degree of integrity customer awareness.
- Good interpersonal, communication and reporting skills.
- The ideal candidate should be self-driven with high levels of integrity, business acumen, efficiency and compliance.
- She/he should also be well versed with use of IT.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates/ transcripts, postal address, current salary, salary expectation, letters of recommendation from 3 referees and a daytime telephone contacts.
NB: All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride, and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 16th July 2018