Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: Democratic Governance Facility (DGF)
Reports to: Senior Financial Management Advisor (SFMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Democratic Governance Facility ( DGF ) is a multi-donor funding mechanism aimed at strengthening governance, promoting and protecting human rights, enhancing access to justice, and improving accountability in Uganda by working with state and non—state institutions at national, regional and district levels throughout the country.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will be responsible for undertaking partner pre-grant assessment, partner budget monitoring, financial reporting and capacity building of partners in line with DGF business procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct pre-grant assessments and ﬁeld site visits to ascertain the ﬁnancial capacity of the potential implementing partner organizations and prepare pre-grant assessment reports for approval by the SFMA.
- Review and scrutinize initial and subsequent implementing partner and consultancy budgets for compliance to DGF business procedures, accuracy and reasonableness of budget line items and make recommendations with regard to changes to be made to the partner budget to ensure that it is in line with the partnership agreement
- Carry out quarterly review of financial reports to ensure compliance to agreed activities and allocation of funding, and resolve any issues arising with implementing partner organizations and ensure that their books of accounts are aligned to the signed project audit reports.
- Conduct monitoring visits to implementing partner organizations and prepare monitoring visit reports for approval by the SFMA as well as discuss the ﬁndings of the monitoring visits with the staff of the implementing partner organizations for corrective action
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a university degree in accounting with a professional accounting qualiﬁcation such as ACCA, CPA or their equivalent.
- At least ﬁve years’ experience in not-for-proﬁt accounting or audit preferably in a multicultural environment.
- Strong experience in audit especially in the NGO sector.
- Experience in review of ﬁnancial reports and budgets.
- Knowledge of local and international accounting policies, procedures and standards.
- Knowledge in NAVISION.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs and cover letters with three work- related referees to the address or e-mail below. All applications should be marked: “Finance Manager-DGF.” E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close
P.O. Box 12405 Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 20th July 2018 by 5pm