Job Title: Financial Accountant
Organisation: Uganda Airlines
Duty Station: Entebbe International Airport, Uganda
Reports to: Director Finance
Uganda Airlines is the National Carrier of the Republic of Uganda based at Entebbe International Airport. It is headquartered in Entebbe, Wakiso District, Uganda, and operates from its hub in Entebbe International Airport.
Job Summary: The Financial Accountant will be responsible for managing financial transactions in the airline, including expenditure accountability, according to the airline regulations. He/She will assist the Director Finance in financial decision-making. He/she will ensure keeping of accurate financial records. He/she will also perform treasury functions and nurture banking relationships across the airline. The Financial Accountant will in addition look after debtors and creditors and manage the maintenance of records in the General and Subsidiary Ledgers. His/her work includes ensuring integrity of the financial processing systems as well as implementation of internal controls.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Certify financial transactions of the airline.
- Verify and approve financial transactions before authorization.
- Provide technical support and guidance to management on financial matters.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and statements and iron out any discrepancies.
- Provide answers to audit and other financial queries.
- Develop business forecast and analyze annual budgets to ensure its feasibility.
- Proffer advice and recommendations to company management or issues related to revenue, investment, and expenses.
- Implement strategies for any tax liabilities across the network.
- Analyze business operations, investments and liabilities to determine the financial status of a company.
- Carry out surveys to identify accounting needs and implement strategies effective for improving operational efficiency
- Develop and implement standards for effective record keeping and data management.
- Ensure compliance with standard financial regulations and policies.
- Ensure a proper cash management system across the network of sales offices.
- Undertake any other assignments as given by the supervisors from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Airlines Financial Accountant job placement must be a professionally qualified Accountant with ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CPE, ACIS,CA or equivalent.
- Work experience in an Airline environment/ Hospitality Industry will be of added advantage.
- Knowledge of Airline Financial Management experience is desired.
- High level of Computer proficiency, including financial simulation, budgeting and modelling.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Highest level of integrity and professionalism.
How to Apply:
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online, Click Here or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Interim Manager – Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 17th September, 2018