Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Organisation: Right To Play
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director (CD)
About US:Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for the proper implementation of financial procedures in all RTP programs in the country of operation. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing and maintaining effective and efficient accounting and financial records for the offices in the country of operations. He/she is responsible for preparing financial reports for local management, preparing the payroll and maintaining accounts payables. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for the management of HR and office administration.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Right To Play Finance and Administrative Officer must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- Four years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience of accounting, financial management of grants, developing budgets, HR management.
- Knowledge of ACCPAC accounting software;
- CPA, ACCA or CMA or other related qualifications;
- Superior bookkeeping skills;
- Experience working in INGO;
- Experience in managing direct reports.
- Attention to detail and ability to plan and implement work plan with minimum supervision;
- Good networking and interpersonal skills;
- Ability work with large data with attention to details;
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and pressure;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills;
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to prepare concise and informative financial reports;
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Good professional verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team in culturally diverse professional staff;
- Leadership and management skills.
How to Apply:All candidates should send their updated resumes and cover letters to: UgandaHR@righttoplay.com and kindly include “Position, Location” and your name in the subject line.
Deadline: 18th February 2019