Job Title: IT Database Administrator
Organisation: Ministry of Public Service
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref: Graduate Recruitment Exercise (GRE)
Reports to: Senior Research Officer
Reference: HRM 147/286/01
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (‘metadat’)
- Monitoring database performance, tuning, and problem resolution
- Recognizing database structures as needed and initiating vendor support
- Attending to users’ access requirements and resolving their problems;
- Developing and applying procedures relating to database and application security
- Monitoring and running end-of-day operations
- Providing assistance in database design, and standards and recommending optimal design criteria;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology; or Information Science/System; or Library; or Information Science or Bachelor of Science in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- Competencies: Ethics and Integrity; Interpersonal; Communication and Computer Skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organisational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Age: Above 21 years
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
Applicants are advised to: –
- Apply ONLINE;
- Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents (O’ Level, A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificate only);
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed;
- Visit the website, Click Here
- Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
- If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
- Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
- Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
- View the job details and click apply.
- Review your application and submit.
- You can only apply for a maximum of two (2) posts.
Deadline: 10th October, 2018 by Midnight