Job Title: Research and Market Development Officer
Organisation: Capital Markets Authority (CMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Research and Market Development
The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) was established by the Capital Markets Authority Act Chapter 84 Laws of Uganda as a semi-autonomous body responsible for the promotion, development and regulation of the capital markets industry in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Research and Market Development Officer will research and make presentations to stakeholders aimed at demonstrating the business case for market based financing as well as support market development activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake action research to demonstrate the business case for market based financing among external stakeholders;
- Undertake research and generate research papers to support the market supervision department in handling applications;
- Undertake research and develop research papers to support the legal department in reviewing the regulatory framework.
- Development of regulatory impact assessments (the business case for regulations);
- Manage operational aspects of the CMA’s investor and issuer education campaigns; and
- Periodically communicate research findings to intermediaries, industry /trade associations and professional bodies on the existence and benefits of market based ﬁnancing, and investing in capital markets
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time,
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) Research and Market Development Officer placement should preferably hold an upper second or first class Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution/ university in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration (Finance) or any other related subject. Possession of a professional qualification in a relevant discipline will suffice for the absence of a ﬁrst degree. A postgraduate qualification in corporate finance or related field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant research work experience preferably in the financial sector industry and with broad knowledge or interest in financial services in general, and in capital markets in particular
- Advanced computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office-power point, excel, word is required.
- Good report writing skills;
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to initiate projects and read extensively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage effectively under pressure for meeting deadlines;
- Self-motivated and results driven;
- Works easily within and with teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills;
- Ability to interpret legislation and policy;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver or send via email (in standard file types, namely Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat (pdf) in a single attachment, and should not exceed 10MB) their applications together with a recent CV (with 3 references), copies of academic transcripts and/or certificates to:
The Director Corporate Services,
Capital Markets Authority,
8th Floor, Jubilee Insurance Center,
Plot 14 Parliament Avenue,
P.O Box 24565 Kampala.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please take note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th July 2018