Job Title: Infrastructure Officer
Organisation: Pride Micro-finance Limited
Duty Station: Bukoto, Kampala, Uganda
The Temporary Infrastructure Officer will be expected to perform regular preventive maintenance and recommendations of Pride’s hardware systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Install hardware systems, applications and configure work stations for users.
• Maintain servers, routers, switches, workstations, stand-alone PCs and other supporting devices and Operating System software.
• Install licensed applications onto new computers and laptops.
• Configure, maintain and make sure users are joined to the domain.
• Maintain all IT hardware registers and error logs.
2.Troubleshoot hardware systems and perform backups of information systems.
• Attend to all assigned incidents and provide a preventive maintenance report, analysis report, projection and recommendation reports.
• Provide support to branches.
• Advise and recommend on the status of ICT assets.
• Coordinate and conduct training of staff in hardware.
3. Conduct regular servicing and maintenance of IT equipment.
• Service ICT equipment based on Pride’s guidelines.
4. Maintain ICT Inventories and Equipment.
• Prepare and provide an updated asset inventory and reconcile with fixed asset register.
• Track movement of assets in the allocated branch cluster and assets set for repairs.
• Budget coordination, securing of budget information and communication of the budget.
5. Provide quality power to ICT Equipment to ensure safety and longevity of equipment.
• Recommend upgrading of power system of Pride branches.
• Track status of UPS in branches by reviewing the event logs of online UPS and inverters.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
• Bachelors’ degree in IT / Computer Science or any other related field.
• Two Principal passes at A ‘Level
• Credits in Mathematics and English at O ‘Level
• The ideal candidate should be a team player, Outgoing, Proactive, efficient
• He/she must possess high organizational skills with good interpersonal and communication skill