Job Title: Network Operations Manager (Opco)
Our client Smile Communications (U) Ltd is a leading ISP in Uganda offering 4G LTE super fast, high quality and reliable internet access services. Smile is looking for a number of highly experienced, talented and committed individuals to join their team.
The Network Operations Manager (Opco) will be responsible for the management service partner and other contractors are meeting the contractual obligations towards the network and facilities environment provided by Smile.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Network Operations Management including;
- Management of Smile Operation Centers, Data Centers, Switching Centers, Radio Access Network, Microwave and Fiber Transmission Network, IP Network, LAN/WAN.
- Management and governance of Manager Services Partner and other contractors and partners
- Creation, measurement and management of network Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Network performance monitoring and optimization
- Managing technical aspects of interconnects
- Management of third party suppliers such as ISP etc.
- Management of other Smile facilities suppliers
- Takeover of new equipment from projects team into the network and facilitate handover to Managed Services Partner
- Contracts review for all local contractors
- Tracking vendor on all operational issues
- Reviewing and supporting technical issues raised by customer care.
- Liaising with other operators for interconnects and interference management
- Submission of management reports and regulatory reports to the CTO
- Networks Inventory Management
- Providing other adhoc duties assigned from time to time by the CTO or any other person appointed by the company for this purpose
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree or a diploma in Telecoms, Electronics or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge in Basic Telecoms, LTE/3G, IP Transport Networks, VoIP, Internet, Data Communications Networks
- A minimum of eight to ten years of relevant work experience
- Exposure on RAN planning & Optimizations
- Radio Principles around Radio Access and Microwave technologies
- 2G/3G/WiMAX/LTE technologies RAN optimization
- Experience working with (mobile) telecommunications operators
- Prior experience working with vendors (managed services)
- Practical experience on telecom operations
- Knowledgeable on handling issues/negatives (problem solving)
- Prior experience in similar role or deputizing supervisory experience
- Significant experience managing network operations in an outsourced environment
- Training in Planning tools
- Work in liaison with customer care operations.
- Be a self-starter, good interpersonal and communications skills, team work, ability to work odd hours and flexible.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses
Please visit http://recruitment.nftconsult.com