Job Title: Regional Credit Manager
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is an institution fully owned by the Government of Uganda (GOU). MSC was incorporated in 2001 as a company limited by guarantee, as part of GOU’s effort to promote access to affordable financial services for increased employment and wealth. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. MSC has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. MSC gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organisations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Regional Credit Manager will be charged with managing and providing technical support and guidance to the Zonal Managers, process credit facilities in the designated area of operation and ensuring quality and adherence to policies and procedures as contained in the company credit manual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the performance of the regional loan portfolio by clients and provide advice to the head of department for actions where necessary.
- Review institutional appraisal reports and provide technical advice to the relevant authority for eventual approval and disbursement.
- Actively participate in negotiations with clients selected for loan funding.
- Compile periodical performance reports of the Zones they work with.
- Conduct periodic supervision to the Zonal offices and clients to ensure compliance with credit policies and procedures.
- Report on the loan portfolio on a monthly basis.
- Advise management on the performance of Zonal managers and support them to meet the set targets.
- Ensure quantitative & qualitative increase in the business volume/portfolio of the zones under your supervision.
- Ensure recovery up to 95% of the loans disbursed in the zones under your supervision
Key Performance Indicators:
- Proper performance of the regional loan/credit performance
- Monthly reporting of the regional performance
- Timely approvals and loan disbursements in the region
- Increased utilisation of MSC services in the region
- Management, performance and development of all staff in the region
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a good bachelor’s degree (Honours) in any of the following; Commerce, Finance, Economics, Rural Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration or in any relevant fields of development, plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Microfinance.
- Possession of a Masters degree in the same fields will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years working experience in the financial services sector of which two years must be at the middle management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be highly self driven with high sense of responsibility.
- Possess the ability to meet deadline with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy skills
Age: between 30-45 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least three professional referees one of whom should be their current Supervisors. All applications should in properly sealed envelopes should be submitted to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. E-mail applications will only be received on condition that after being short listed, the candidates must produce certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates.
The Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 21st February, 2014 by 5PM