Job Title: Social Media and Public Relations Executive
Organization: Mukwano Group of Companies
Job Ref: MIUL/SMPRE/15/01/2018
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Marketing Manager
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing a social media strategy under guideline of Marketing Manager
- Monitor the social talks about any positive or negative feedback about the Company and then follow up with relevant feedback. Encourage individuals for positive feedback and try to appease unhappy customers.
- The Social Media and Public Relations Executive will be updating social media sites – website, social platform pages like You Tube, Facebook, Twitter etc. on a daily basis with timely and positive message representing our mission, vision and core values.
- Tasked with monitoring trends and encouraging adoption of social media tools.
- Monitoring the social talks on all types of media (electronic, print etc) and report any information about the company.
- Develop brand and industry related stories, news items and tips from internal and external sources for posting on website and social media pages.
- Tasked with implementing and overseeing social media campaigns.
- Write interesting articles or blog postings on topics relevant to the Company or industry, identifying and developing blog posts, recruiting and developing other bloggers and blog editors.
- Measure the effectiveness of different social media channels manager using tools like twitter counter, Google analytics etc. to measure click – through and traffic activity.
- Engage in industry conferences, chats, blogs, wikis, video sharing etc. to promote corporate messaging and increase brand awareness.
- Provide feedback on public opinions, complaints and conversations surrounding the brand in the public sphere.
- Educate staff on the importance of social media; promote social media activities internally as well as the implementation of new technologies and campaigns.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Mukwano Social Media and Public Relations Executive job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, Information Technology or any other related field.
- At least two years of related work experience in managing social media channels, maintaining and designing websites.
- Ability to work independently, effective communication skills, excellent customer care skills, sound decision making skills and ability to work in the field.
- Integrity, flexible, good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Should have a positive attitude, results focused, creative, innovative, can work for long hours under pressure with minimum supervision
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should send their applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials, L.C 1 letter, National ID and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating contact details of three (3) referees should to be sent via post or hand delivered to: The Human Resource Department, Mukwano Group of Companies, P. O. Box 2671, Kampala, Uganda. E-mail applications can also be sent to: email@example.com. Please clearly quote the job reference as subject of your E-mail. Attachments should not exceed 2 MB.
NB: Only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted not later than one week after deadline.
Deadline: 27th January 2018