The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning its self to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team.
With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice providing exceptional customer service with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled, we are looking to recruit persons with high integrity, dedication and commitment for the following vacant positions. The Fund is looking for a competent person who will work smarter as part of an exciting team with a vision of becoming a better person throughout their experience.
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTANT RECONCILIATION
REPORTS TO: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT-General Ledger
To ensure due collection to the fund are receipted, captured and banked instantly and that the accounts are properly reconciled.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES OF THE JOB:-
1. Carry-out daily reconciliations of bank accounts
2. Capture the data relating to contributions into the JDE system.
3. Prepare and capture journal vouchers for standing orders and non-contributions funds on collections accounts into the JDE system.
4. Liaise with the Branch Offi ces, monitor their collections and follow up transfers from employers through Relationship Offi cer-Contributions.
5. Carry-out reconciliation of petty cash General Ledger.
6. Monitor and follow up bounced cheques.
7. Monitor and report on Un-receipted Direct credits and Un-credited cheques.
8. Monitor and follow up Branch Offices on unmatched / outstanding debit and credit entries and ensure they are reconciled.
9. Attend to both internal and external customers on issues relating to contributions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting) or Business Administration with a part professional qualification in accounting
• Full Accounting professional Qualification
• Two years of work experience in a high volume Finance department.
• Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 Excel training and experience
• Analytical Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Oral and Written Communication Skills
• Report Writing Skills
JOB TITLE: CONTRACTS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF PROCUREMENT AND
To serve as the point of contact for internal customers on contractual matters and ensuring value for money is realized in all contracts signed
MAJOR ACTIVITIES OF THE JOB:-
1. Monitor contract management by user department to ensure implementation of contracts are implemented in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract and demand progress reports from user departments
2. Identify potential problems in contract management and propose solutions
3. Periodically review procurement and Disposal procedures and advise the HPDU on the most effective approach;
4. Establish control of correspondence, data and contract reports
5. Establish and maintain contracts data and develop/ implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with established procedures of the Fund.
6. Provide guidance to the user department in preparation of specifi cations and terms of reference for goods, services and works and attend to the queries, needs from user departments;
7. Identifi cation of procurement bottlenecks and recommend innovative solutions to address them
8. Provide guidance on contract matters to Heads of department, including training of end users in contracting procedures.
9. Participate in contract negotiations to ensure value for money and achievement of the objectives of the Fund. In addition, the successful candidate will monitor customer satisfaction with the services provided by the PDU and recommend innovative improvements.
1. Established contract management guidelines
2. Regular reports on the performance of the signed contracts
3. Established framework contracts
4. Quarterly progress reports on the activities carried out in the PDU
5. Monthly PPDA Reports
6. Updated Records
7. Bi annual assessment of customer satisfaction
• A University degree in either Procurement, logistics, Economics, law, Engineering or Accounting, Finance and related discipline from a recognized University
• Full possession of professional qualification in Procurement (MCIPS, CISCP, Membership to NEVI etc.)
• A minimum of four years’ experience in procurement function of which two years must have been in a busy public institution.
• Computer literate in the use of Microsoft offi ce Applications (MS Excel, MS Word, Power point)
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Supervisory skills
• Problem solving skills
Interested individuals should send their applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with copies of academic and professional qualifications addressed to the Head of Human Resources, P.O. Box 7140, Kampala or hand deliver them to the Registry on 13th fl oor Workers House, for registration and onward transmission. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualifi cation.
Deadline: All applications should reach us not later than November 29, 2013.
Please visit our website at www.nssfug.org for the full detailed Job Description.
Only Short listed candidates will be contacted.
– See more at: http://jobs.co.ug/?page_id=23261#sthash.rnJkZLTS.dpuf