The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is organizing KOP NFP Fellowship for developing countries students to pursue academic programmes. The fellowship is available on the basis of competition.
The 5-year programme aims to advance the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals and institutions of higher and vocational education.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is a Dutch Ministry responsible for foreign relations and international development.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue academic courses.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in various fields.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship is fully funded. The allowance is a contribution towards your costs of living, the costs of tuition fees, visas, travel, insurance and thesis research. If applicable, the fellowship holder is expected to cover the difference between the actual costs and the amount of the personal KOP NFP allowances.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- One must be a professional and a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the KOP Country list valid at the time of application;
- One must have a current employer’s statement that complies with the formal Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the formal must be endorsed in the statement;
- One must not be employed by an organization which can be expected to have their own funds for staff development, e.g.: a multinational corporation (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft) a large national and/or a large commercial organization; a bilateral donor organization (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid); a multilateral donor organisation (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB); an international NGO (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- One must have a current employer’s statement which complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments, which are included in the format, must be endorsed in the statement;
- One must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- One must have an official passport valid at least three months after the submission date of the registration form by the candidate
Nationality: Applicants of Albania , Armenia , Bhutan , Bolivia ,Burkina Faso , Cambodia ,Cuba ,Djibouti ,DR Congo ,Georgia , India ,Jordan , Lebanon , Macedonia ,Mongolia , Nepal , Nicaragua ,Nigeria , Pakistan , Peru ,Philippines ,Senegal , Somalia , Sri Lanka ,Sudan , Suriname ,Thailand and Zimbabwe are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- You need to first find a course that is eligible for the scholarship.
- You can find the eligible courses in our study programmes database, specifying the search criteria: ‘NFP qualified – Yes’.
- Contact the Dutch higher education institution that is offering the course for information on:
- Course content
- The application deadline (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution)
- The application and selection procedures
- The online application form and the supporting documents
- Prepare your application and the supporting documents1
- Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course
Application Deadline: The deadline for application opens 5 September 2017 . The closing date differs per institution. For more information about the closing date, please contact the institution directly.