The Academic Registrar of Makerere University invites applications for admission to Graduate Programmes (Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctoral degree Programmes) for the 2015/2016 Academic Year. Applicants should have obtained at least a first degree or its equivalent from a recognized and chartered university/institution.
Sponsorship: All Graduate Programmes are PRIVATELY-SPONSORED. Therefore applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors where applicable. Applicants should note that the various fees payable to the University indicated for the various programmes EXCLUDE functional fees, accommodation, books, research and other expenses.
1. Hard copies of application forms are obtainable from the Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, 3rd Floor, Senate Building, Room 307 after payment of an application fee of Ug.shs 50,000/= (Ugandan applicants) and Ug. Shs. 151,500 (International Applicants) to any Stanbic Bank Branch and DFCU Bank using Makerere University paying-in-bank slips. International applicants can also pay by bank draft as cheques will not be honoured.
2. Application forms can also be downloaded from our Website: http://rgt.mak.ac.ug/
3. Completed application forms should be returned to the Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Room 307 and must be accompanied by relevant supporting certified copies of certificates, and academic transcripts, and the letters of referees. Please strictly observe the closing date of 27th March, 2015.
5. All Applicants for Master of Laws (LLM) will do a Graduate Admission Test (GAT) consisting of an oral Interview and written test. The fee is Ug.shs. 100,000/= (One hundred thousand shillings) payable to the School Accountant. The GAT will be held on 13th June, 2015
6. All Applicants for Master of Business Administration (College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School will do a GMAT test on a date to be communicated by College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School respectively.
7. In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants for Master of Public Infrastructure Management (MPIM) must have “Proven professional experience of at least 2 years at managerial/supervisory level or policy-decision making position in a government, parastatal organ, international organisation or non-governmental organisation” Applicants should attach a 2- page short CV and referee recommendations.
8. For detailed information about the Programmes, content and regulations can be obtained from the Makerere University Website or contact the Principals of the respective Colleges and Schools.