Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Representative
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50,countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is a secondment from the Uganda Health Supply Chain (UHSC) program to the Central Public Health Laboratories (CPHL) reporting to the Logistics Advisor (UHSC) and National Coordinator, Equipment and Laboratory Supplies (CPHL). S/he is responsible for establishing the information management system to meet CPHL/Uganda National Health Laboratory Services (UNHLS) M&E requirements, and provides technical guidance to streamline the laboratory logistics information system, including developing standard report formats, strengthening performance assessment, and ensuring that they are aligned with other Ministry of Health (MOH) interventions in supply chain. S/he in collaboration with the Lab SPARS team will ensure that all supervision data for Lab Supervision Performance Assessment and Recognition strategy (SPARS) is captured, analyzed and fed into a quarterly Lab SPARS report to the district, CPHL and UHSC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the development and implementation of Lab SPARS by ensuring the review and update of performance assessment tool and indicators
- Provides input into the development of Lab SPARS implementation plans, timelines and budgets for all activities
- Ensure that all Lab SPARS data is entered into the Lab SPARS etool, analyzed and quarterly reports shared with the district and CPHL and UHSC
- Actively participates in relevant training activities including Lab SPARS training, monitoring and evaluation training, electronic tool training
- Provide input into the design of standard national, regional and district Lab SPARS reports
- Prepare specific program reports and prepare periodic reports required by Laboratory logistics department and other stake holders that support effective decision making
- Carry out analyses of data from the Lab SPARS and DHIS2 as well monitor quality of data to inform decisions on Laboratory commodities management
- Develops and disseminates standard operating procedures (SOPs) for management of Lab SPARS data
- Design, analyze and report on impact studies, including Lab SPARs impact to inform policy decision making
- Offers technical leadership in development of key M&E documents and materials including strategic plans, M&E plans, SOPs, and ensuring that they are monitored and regularly updated.
- Take part in the monitoring of the performance of the laboratory commodities credit line and other funding available for laboratory commodities supply management, including tracking how the budget is spent, commodities procured, and allocation of resources across different levels of care.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in demography, statistics or related field.
- At least five years’ experience Monitoring and evaluation,
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience in HMIS.
- Familiarity with supply chain concepts and pharmaceutical/logistic indicators
- Capacity building/training experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Ministry of Health M&E procedures and practices and logistic and supply chain management indicators, particularly in laboratory services delivery
- Ability to work in a fast-paced teamwork environment to meet required deadlines.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent English language skills (both written and oral) with the ability to make presentations and effectively write/edit reports.
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications and statistical packages such as STATA, SPSS.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.