Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader (LWF)
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes the procurement activities and ensures that procedures are in line with the LWF Procurement Manual, and Procedures;
- Liaise with the Accountant and heads of section to ensure correct coding for purchasing of goods;
- Prepare all necessary documentation for procurement of goods and services (i.e. procurement plan, supply requisitions, quotations, bid documents, agreements etc.)
- Work in close consultation with suppliers/vendors, he/she coordinates the delivery processes to ensure the distribution plan is adhered to and make timely arrangements for delivery of items to the camps;
- Compiling of the required information for any proposed purchase. These include preparation and dispatch of requests for quotations/proposals, LPOs, contracts, and any other document required by both;
- Draft correspondence related to procurement including letters to suppliers and follow up with them to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services;
- Ensures that cash/cheque advances for procurement are accounted for in an appropriate and timely manner;
- To carry out Market survey of commonly use supplies and prequalification of eligible suppliers and establish supplier data base
- Maintains files of correspondence, reports and supporting documentation relating to procurement as evidence of compliance with the procurement procedures;
- Maintain a proper system of way bills to control the dispatch and receipt of purchases, and items returned to suppliers for repair and/or replacement;
- Liaises with the Administrator & stores/warehouse on safe and secure storage of items whilst in the office compound;
- Prepare timely procurement minutes in accordance to decisions made by the tender committee on the purchase of goods and/or services;
- Ensure that all LWF/DWS assets are coded/tagged appropriately
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Lutheran World Relief (LWR) Procurement Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics, BBA, or equivalent
- Three years of professional experience in procurement and logistics management with reputable organization
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in tight deadline driven environment.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors in a transparent manner
- Ability to work on own initiative, proactive attitude and a team player
- Good team player and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
Applications (motivation letter and detailed curriculum vitae in English), with the names and e- mail addresses of three persons who know the applicant professionally, should be sent via Email to: email@example.com. Please do not include certificates for education, trainings, etc. Please use the title of the job you are applying for as the subject line. Hand delivered applications can also be sent to our Offices in Kampala. Please indicate the position you have applied for on the top of the parcel addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager
Lutheran World Federation
Plot 1401, Ggaba, Road next to Quality Hill
P.O. Box 5827, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 8th October 2018