Job Title: Programme Specialist
Organization: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Field Office
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Job Summary: The Programme Specialist will be accountable for programme planning, design, implementation and administration of the total programme commitment with a broad range of projects, in accordance with Country Programme Recommendation and Country Programme Management Plan, focussed on achievement of UNICEF’s Priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Programme Development and Management
- Optimum Use Of Program Funds
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
- Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
- National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability
- Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels
- Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNICEF Programme Specialist job opportunity should hold an advanced university degree in one of the following fields: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible professional work experience in social development, project administration, monitoring and evaluation, some at the international level.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Experience in WASH Programming is an added advantage.
- UNICEF’s Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Technical Competencies; Leading and Supervising, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Relating and Networking, Persuading and Influencing, Creating and Innovating.
NB: UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan Nationals who wish to join the United Nations UNICEF in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 19th August 2018