WHO WE ARE
Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) Uganda is a Pan-African organization launched in February 1997 as part of the larger FAWE network of 34 National Chapters operating in 33 countries across Africa. FAWE Uganda exists to address the gender disparities in education and ensure that the girl-child accesses school, remains in school and completes their education.
FAWE Uganda is in the process of filling the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer.
Supervises : Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- Lead the development/improvement of a Central Information Management System which will consolidate data and allow for timely reporting of progress towards key program indicators
- Lead the M&E system and process development and create a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of FAWE Uganda project activities.
- Systems and tools development and implementation
- Lead the development and roll-out of an effective M&E system ensuring that there is an effective M&E framework in place which is correctly utilized.
- Conduct Terms of References (ToRs) for conducting baseline studies, surveys related to project startup, midterm review and end-line processes.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular cross learning and experience sharing events
- Lead the training, mentoring and coaching of all project staff and partners in mainstreaming M&E in their deliverables.
- Lead all M&E initiatives for FAWE Uganda programs and projects including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and informing staff capacity building initiatives.
- Identify and recommend strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Program staff and other stakeholders.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation visits to project areas and to partner organizations and ensure program activities are implemented according to the work plans and strategic priorities whilst maintaining the flexibility to shift priorities according to the changing context
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of data for trends, patterns and information that will be used to inform program delivery as well as other program aspects such as redesign, replication, scale up among others
- Promote cost effectiveness, value for money as well as accountability in all the program interventions and support the team to ensure compliance at all times
- Lead in documentation of beneficiary reach, while ensuring to eliminate double counting in data considering overlap across different projects.
- Aggregate and collate project data for FAWE Uganda’s quarterly and annual Project and Program Information and Impact Reporting Systems
- Spearhead the different research undertakings by FAWE Uganda on girls’ education as well as providing technical guidance and support to the planning and execution of research activities
- Develop capacity and support partners to strengthen their internal M&E mechanisms and, capability to utilize and maintain up to date management information systems to ensure timeliness, quality and accurate reporting
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Project Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized institution is essential
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, demographics or other relevant field is essential
- At least three years’ experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning in a local or international NGO.
- Skills in Statistical Packages and other software
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent Report Writing Skills
- Proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies
- Experience in designing and leading capacity building and training for different teams
- Proven strategic and implementation ability with strong conceptual and analytical skills for planning, monitoring, impact assessment and learning
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to train adults
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues and tools for analysis and gender mainstreaming
- Financial Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Job application procedure
Candidates who are interested in the above position should submit an updated CV, copies of academic transcripts/certificate and Application letter giving daytime telephone contacts and e-mail addresses of 03 (three) work related referees. If successful in this process FAWE Uganda will require certified academic documents. Please deliver your applications to the address below not later than 16th November 2018;
The Human Resource Manager
Forum for African Women Educationalists Uganda Chapter
P.O Box 24117, Kampala
Plot 328, Magulu Close, Bukoto
Deadline of this Job:
not later than 16th November 2018