Job Title: Sector Coordinator
The Accountability Sector was formed following the adoption of the Sector Wide Approach policy in 1998 to coordinate institutions involved in promotion, supervision, as well as implementation of accountability systems.
The Sector seeks to address issues of accountability in broad terms that would encompass resource mobilization, allocation and utilization, public financial management, anti-corruption policy, procurement, standards of ethics and integrity and service delivery, backed by qualitative and quantitative data and part of a national approach to improve standards of accountability.
The Accountability Sector is composed of MDAs with very different mandates, all with a focus on aspects of accountability, these include: Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, Inspectorate of Government, Directorate for Ethics and Integrity, Office of the Auditor General, Uganda Bureau of Statistics, Uganda Revenue Authority, Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Authority, Ministry of Public Service — Inspection, Ministry of Local Government — Inspectorate and Kampala Capital City Authority.
Job Summary: The Sector Coordinator will support the development of the Accountability Sector and ensure that sector programmes are pursued through offering an overall coordination and Technical guidance role to the Secretariat for Accountability Sector .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic guidance for the development and implementation of the Sector Investment Plan
- Actively facilitate communication, coordination and cooperation within Sector Institutions and between the sector and other stakeholders
- Develop strategies for the effective implementation of the sector programmes
- Actively coordinate the development and implementation of annual sector work plans and budgets.
- Manage the development and implementation of the sector monitoring and evaluation system.
- Offer technical and policy advice to the Accountability Sector Management Committees
- Appraise performance of sector programmes on a quarterly, semi-annually and annual basis.
- Generate policy proposals on issues affecting the sector and new developments/best practices on accountability related matters.
- Offer technical support to institutions as necessary to attain sector objectives.
- Develop synergy and professional working relationship with key stakeholders in the implementation of the sector objectives.
- Advocate for high standards of accountability in the management of public resources.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must be Ugandans in possession of a minimum of an honours degree in any of the following; Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Monitoring and Evaluation or any business related degree.
- Possess a Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Possession of relevant professional/post graduate qualifications is an added advantage.
- Past exposure and experience in Consultancy work will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Financial Management Reforms in Uganda as well as global practices.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- A minimum of ten (10) years working experience five (5) of which must have been at Senior Management level in Accountability Management or Monitoring and Evaluation in Government or any reputable organization.
How to Apply for the job:
The complete applications must be submitted to the following address:
The Permanent Secretary/Secretary to the Treasury Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
Plot 2-12 Apollo Kaggwa Road P. O. Box 8147, Kampala, Uganda Tel. 0414-707000 Email: Finance@finance.go.ug
Deadline: 16th October, 2014