Organisation :Busitema University
Deadline : 25th December 2018
Duty Station:Kampala , Uganda , East Africa , 256
Date Posted: 17th December 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Busitema University is a public University established by Statutory Instrument No. 22, of 2007. The University is a Multi -Campus University located in Eastern Uganda.
A center of academic and professional excellence in science, technology and innovati on.
To provide high standard training, engage in quality research and outreach for socio-economic transformation and sustainable development. Busitema University and its academic programmes are accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) as mandated by the Universities and other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001 as amended, herein referred to as the Act. Busitema University, a premier public University in Uganda is therefore sourcing for a suitable Ugandan to fi ll the position of Vice Chancellor who shall be the Chief Executive of the University.
POST: VICE CHANCELLOR
Pursuant to Section 31(1) of the Act, the Vice Chancellor shall be responsible for the academic, administrative and financial affairs of Busitema University and in the absence of the Chancellor, preside at ceremonial assemblies of the University and confer degrees and other academic titles and distincti ons of Busitema University.
Specifically, the job shall involve:
- Promoting higher education in Uganda;
- Initiating and implementing policies and plans of the University;
- Providing academic and administrative leadership to the University structures and staff ;
- Mobilizing and overseeing effective utilization of resources of the University;
- Overseeing research activities of the University;
- Mentoring staff , students and the University-wide community;
- Linking the University to the government of Uganda, the Ugandan business community and to the international research and business organizations. viii. Perform any other duties as assigned by the University Council.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Should hold a PhD or its equivalent and must be at least 40 years and not more than 65 years at the ti me of closure of receipt of application on 16th January 2019”
- Should possess at least eight (8) years of administrative experience at the level of at least an academic head of department or equivalent, and at least five (5) of which should be at the level of Substantive Faculty/ School Dean or Institute Director or above in a recognized University or institution; and
- Should be at the academic rank of at least Associate Professor in a recognized University or institution.
In addition, the following skills and qualifications are required:
- High degree of integrity and honest;
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- High level of verbal and written communication;
- Initiative and good public relations;
- Experience in financial management skills ;
f) Resource mobilization skills.;
- Innovative and creative skills.
An attractive remuneration package as determined by the University Council will be given. Additional benefits include: free housing, transport and medical facilities for self and immediate family and other benefits in accordance with the Busitema University Terms of Service.
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT
In accordance with Section 31(4) of the Act, The Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed on terms and conditions determined by the University Council for five years and shall be eligible for reappointment for one more term.
Job application procedure
An Application letter duly signed and accompanied with a Letter of Motivation, Testimonial, Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of academic documents, Contact addresses and names of three (3) referees in a sealed envelope clearly marked
‘’The Post of Vice Chancellor’’ should reach the addresses below not later than 5.00pm Ugandan time on Monday 16th January 2019.
University Secretary/ Secretary to Council, Busitema University,
P.O. Box. 236, Tororo, Uganda
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Busitema University Main Campus.
“Busitema University is an equal opportunity employer”
Any inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com .