The Education Service Commission is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intuitively prepares the schemes of work and lesson plans in line with approved curriculum on termly and weekly basis.
- Conducts lessons and remedial work according to the set timetable.
- Actively participates in setting, administering and marking internal and external examinations.
- Perform continuous assessment and evaluation of student performance.
- Keeps and maintains class records / inventory (Registers, records of work, progress reports and equipment.)
- Guides and counsels students / learners.
- Performs any other duty assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The Assistant Education Officer should possess a good Diploma in Education Secondary or the equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- The candidate must also be registered with the Ministry of Education and Sports.
- At least two teaching subjects / double main.
Subjects (No. of Jobs Available): Physics (26 Jobs), Mathematics (26 Jobs), Biology (15 Jobs), Chemistry (15 Jobs), English / Literature (20 Jobs), Agriculture (10 Jobs), History (10 Jobs, Geography (10 Jobs), Fine Art (10 Jobs, CRE (10 Jobs), IRE (10 Jobs), Kiswahili (10 Jobs) and Business Education (10 Jobs) = Total 182 Jobs
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications in triplicate on the Education Service Commission (ESC) Form 3 (1998), to the Secretary, Education Service Commission, P.O. Box 7196, Kampala, Uganda. The ESC Form 3 (1998) is obtainable from Education Service Commission, 1st Floor Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministry of Education and Sports Kampala or District Service Commission Offices.
The applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy
All applicants should attach photocopies of their academic certificates and transcripts plus recent passport size photographs and any other relevant documents to each copy of the application forms. Serving Officers must route their applications through their Head of School, who should be advised on the closing date to ensure submission within the deadline.
Deadline: 27th October, 2014