Job Title: Driver (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Driver
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to perform tasks related to driving CRS vehicles entrusted to you in a safe and economical manner in conjunction with CRS policy and the traffic laws and regulations of Uganda. Also perform minor mechanical tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly vehicle maintenance plans and ensure implementation.
- Be accountable for all spare parts, accessories, etc. fitted in assigned vehicles during repairs at the workshop or field.
- Prepare vehicle performance, maintenance, and repair reports, and submit as required.
- Meet anticipated travel requirements and make all arrangements for ensuring efficient services (fueling, pre-travel checks, required travel documents, required equipment, spare parts, and tools, persons traveling for packing instructions and timings).
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all assigned vehicles. Promptly collect filled in daily mileage logs to avoid loss or defacing.
- Routinely check all assigned vehicles Licenses, Insurances, and other required documents and promptly advice the VMU Supervisor when renewals are due.
- Transport CRS staff and visitors as instructed, observing local traffic and road safety laws and all CRS vehicle policies to ensure safety of passengers and luggage, and quality and courteous services. Report immediately any accidents and/or route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions. Maintain and submit accurate records for all trips.
- Ensure assigned vehicles are secured when not in use.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Driver job should hold an O’ level Certificate.
- Three years of driving and mechanical Experience.
- Certificates/Licenses: Class A, B, CM, and DM Driver’s License.
- Understanding of the Geographical area of assignment
- Service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Very good negotiation and relationship management skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email a cover letter and updated CV only to [email protected] with the subject line of the email, copy and paste “DRIVERMOROTO.”
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only selected candidates will be notified.
Deadline: 24th September 2021 by 5:00pm