Job Title: Driver (2 Jobs)
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Transport and Logistics Officer
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to promote and ensure sound environmental management practices for sustainable development in Uganda.
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) on behalf of the Government of Uganda is executing a 4-year Global Environment Facility/United Nations Environment Programme supported Project on “ Institutional Capacity Strengthening for Implementation of the Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and Benefit Sharing in Uganda”. The development goal of the project is to conserve Uganda’s genetic resources and associated traditional knowledge and access and share the benefits arising out of their utilization in an equitable and sustainable way while the project objective is to strengthen institutional capacity for effective implementation of the Nagoya Protocol and conduct effective awareness campaigns on Access to Genetic Resources and Benefit Sharing (ABS) in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Driver will ensure timely and safe transportation of staff, documents and any other item(s) as may be provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Work under the supervision of the Transport and Logistics Officer to:
- Provide chauffer services to staff and as assigned;
- Deliver mail and documents as assigned;
- Keep the assigned vehicle clean, polished, and in good operating condition;
- Ensure routine checkup of the vehicle;
- Maintain the vehicle logbooks and make timely entries;
- Account for the vehicle and all accessories (Jerk, spare tyre, wheel spanner, keys, etc.)
- Park the vehicle at designated place by close of business;
- Ensure adherence to the NEMA Motor vehicle, computers, tools and equipment policy; and
- Perform any other related duty assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education. Any other additional
- relevant qualifications are an added advantage.
- At least three years of work experience, 2 of which must be in similar position in a reputable organization or government.
- At least two classes of either CH, DH, DM or E is essential.
- Skills in mechanics and defensive driving are essential;
- Have good communication skills
- Knowledge of road safety rules
- Ability and experience in driving on bad roads
- Honesty and transparency
- Ability to drive long distances
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Good communication, writing and reporting skills
- Versatile and good at team work
- Basic elementary knowledge of motor vehicles mechanics including being able to undertake minor repairs
How to Apply:
All potential Candidates should submit applications in their own handwriting and deliver them by hand, through post office or by email enclosing copies of CERTIFIED certificates/transcripts and detailed curriculum vitae indicating 3 referees addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA),
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 22255 Kampala, Uganda
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: 10th December 2021 by 5.00 pm