Job Title: Design & Assessment Facilitator (2 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision fo every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Design & Assessment Facilitator will implement Child Sponsorship Operations in ways the meet WVU and WVI standards as well as cluster strategic priorities through effective supervision and working with of SOO1.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement Design and assessment
- Effectively conduct LEAP assessment process for Wol Assessment and Design Project including primary and secondary data collection, and analysis, meeting with few key stakeholders to begin to learn about child well-being
- Tasked with leading and facilitating programme assessment and designing of new Area Programme
- Developing and administer Assessment and design Terms of Reference (ToR) and data collection tools
- Conducting collection of primary and secondary data, analyzed to inform assessment for potential interventions in the target communities
Develop quality assessment report
- Facilitate capacity building of partners on Design, operations research and documentation
- Facilitate participation and engagement of the community, partners and government officials to learn about Child Wellbeing Situations
- Exploring partnering options and determining partnering approaches
- Facilitating community to identify and shared vision, objectives and approaches contribute to child well-being
- Conducting analyzing of root causes, assets/Resources, and existing efforts that that contributes to child wellbeing
- Facilitating community to develop community level programme M&E Indicators and align it with standardized National Office M&E indicators in preparation for Project monitoring as aligned to the National Office Strategy results framework
- Facilitating communities to develop shared community projects & Programme Plans
- Align community project Monitoring & Evaluation Framework with World vision M&E framework
- Align Community Project & Programme Plans with World Vision National Office Strategy
- Conducting baseline Survey of the Programme Impact Area to inform selection of community projects
- Compile Critical Path Step reports to inform evidence based decision making at programme levels and for use in preparation of programme design
- Responsible for the overall financial management of the project Assessment & Design process and to ensure that expenditures are kept within the approved budgets
- Document best practices, lesson learned and success stories about WV Uganda project interventions
- Lead the review, learning and reflection meetings in the Area Programme on projects implementation, and evaluations.
- Assessment Plan reviewed/developed and shared with Programme Coordinator and DM&ES
- Innovate better, context based and efficient ways of delivering child Sponsorship operations.
Guide AP programme planning and Development.
- Support and guide AP scheduled assessments, TDI measurements and designs.
- Facilitate development of the AP design document and AOP/ DIP.
- Gather and analyze community perspectives, and prepare annual work plans and cash flows.
- Monitoring of progress and achievements of programmes in the AP.
- Mobilise grassroots organizations, Churches and other civil society organizations on poverty reduction.
- Mobilize government institutions and technical staff in the planning and implementation of ADP programmes and plans.
- Mobilize community participation in programme/project planning, development, implementation and monitoring
- Mobilization of communities, local organizations and institutions for programme development and implementation.
- Build the capacity of the community in Household Engagement and accountability Approach .
- Support the household (clusters) (neighbours according to proximity) clustered together to identify and address their own household vulnerabilities.
- Report on Child Sponsorship Operations positioning out progress, celebrations, challenges and possible recommendations.
- Prepare timely and quality Child Sponsorship Operations report to the SPM copying NO as per NO predetermined monthly reporting template.
- Provide feedback to cluster over Sponsorship reports.
- Prepare periodical publications (significant change stories) on RC wellbeing.
- Management of external engagements with SOs
- Ensure quality and timely Communications between Cluster, NO and SOs.
- Manage Child Sponsorship communications from ADP to NO/SOs.
- Expeditiously follow up on all Sponsorship communications from NO and SOs.
- Communicate to ADP teams on Key Sponsorship events or operations, follow-up on Reports, documents.
- Manage Sponsor visits to their sponsored children in Uganda in line with child Sponsorship standards.
- Arrange for the visit (Consider for all logistic needs).
- Attend to Sponsors and follow up on Child protection issues, visit report
- Identify the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
- Work closely with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses on child protection.
- Sensitization of children including all RC on child protection.
- Sensitize children, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities with a view to identify child violations.
- Report cases of child abuse in the programme area.
- Report cases of child incidents for follow up.
- Communicate to Guardian/parents on the intent of the Sponsor visit and attain consent/confirmation or rejection of the visit.
- Provide information to the CSSA SO on the possibility (confirmation, rejection) of the Visit.
- Arrange for the visit (Consider for all logistic needs).
- Attend to Sponsors and follow up on Child protection issues, visit report.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Uganda Design & Assessment Facilitator job opportunity must hold a Degree in Social Sciences or Information management. Masters degree qualification is preferred
- Five years’ experience in Sponsorship operations preferably within World Vision. Knowledge of World Vision sponsorship standards is an advantage
- Skills in Project management and implementation.
- Ability to identify training needs among Sponsorship staff
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of development work and ability to integrate it with sponsorship
- Competences in managing business process in large organizations.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 30th October 2018