Job Title: Project Assistant – SGBV (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: LWF World Service
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Officer – SGBV
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
Job Summary: Under the guidance of the project officer, the project assistant is responsible for the day-to-day general implementation of Gender Based Violence (GBV) cases within the settlements and host communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the project officer in identifying GBV/ SGBV cases and promote active participation of beneficiaries and intermediaries in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the project activities;
- In collaboration with the project officer, provide guidance to community structures to report cases of GBV/SGBV;
- Provides Basic psychosocial support for survivors of gender-based violence and human rights Violations;
- Liaise with the project officer, legal Officer and Lawyers to facilitates legal representation to complainants as necessary especially in regard to mobilization;
- Participates in the coordination meetings on GBV, partakes in SGBV training in the identification of Survivors, assesses victims and provides medical care support where necessary and makes appropriate referrals;
- Ensuring timely and prompt case follow up of all GBV cases;
- Using participatory methods, identifies and engages key stake holders in promoting active community participation in prevention and responses to SGBV;
- Trains community structures and stakeholders on GBV prevention and response SASA/ZTVA methodology;
- Collect and tabulate data field data on project activities carried on a regular basis and undertake impact assessment using participatory approaches for all beneficiaries to determine the relevance and impact of the assistance offered;
- Ensure all survivors received appropriate services depending on the clients need;
- Ensure Adherence to the principle of confidentiality and dignity;
- Ensure that weekly reports and monthly reports are submitted to the responsible officer within the specified time.
- Ensure that all activities have approved work plan.
- Ensure that all work plan is submitted to the Project Officer in time.
- Ensure that all community-based facilitators comply with LWF code of conduct and the child protection policy.
- Report issues that affects the community Base facilitators to the Settlement Officer.
Financial management / Budget Monitoring & Control:
- Ensure correct documentation of complaints tools eg Attendance list, Distribution list, beneficiaries list and ensure proper filing of project documents.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Conduct regular field visits to all beneficiaries site where project activities are under taken, check on progress and verify existing case loads needs, document challenges on deliveries and utilizations of protection inputs in line with project objectives.
- Documentation of story of change on a quarterly basis.
- Develop project monitoring plans to ensure that project activities are implemented as per the expectation.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Ensures strict adherence to the principles of child protection/psychosocial support at all times including respect for confidentiality and a child centered approach, and act in the best interests of the persons of concern.
- Commitments to and understanding of LWF aims, values and principles including rights-based approach.
- The staff must ensure that organization assets are maintained and taken care of.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Project Assistant – SGBV job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Gender and Women Studies, Social work, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any other relevant field of study
- At least two years of experience in Project Management/Community Development programming, Proven knowledge and experience in developing and implementing community mobilization projects and Must possess a valid riding permit.
- He/She must have Problem Solving and Decision-Making skills
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent English Language (both written and spoken), Information Technology (MS Office, Internet)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good team worker with ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible to a changing environment, and to make decisions independently.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 13th August 2021
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.