Job: Office Attendant (25 Fresher A’ Level Jobs)
Organization: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job type: Full time
Deadline: 1st May 2021
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
The Office Attendant will maintain office welfare and manage mails in order to enhance office cleanliness and timely delivery of official correspondences
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage office welfare and cleanliness in order to enhance staff well-being and tidiness of work environment
• Clean office furniture and equipment to ensure tidiness, good hygiene and supervision of office cleaners
• Prepare office tea and refreshments to improve staff well-being
• Arrange venues for meetings and ensure tidiness and cleanliness Maintain proper record of incoming and outgoing mails in order to enhance easy tracking of documents
• Receive and record incoming documents to enhance proper accountability for official correspondence
• Distribute official correspondences to different offices to ensure timely delivery of mails
• Assist in clerical work that includes, photocopying, binding, filing and scanning of official documents
• Weed and transfer semi-active documents to records center to create space in the office and enhance good records management.
Maintain and monitor office supplies in order to ensure adequate inventory levels and anticipate requirements
• Raise the stores requisition order and collect office supplies from stores to ensure adequate supply
•Maintain office supplies to determine inventory levels and anticipate requirements.
• Manage and account for office imprest to ensure adequate office supplies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Office Attendant job must hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education and a maximum of a diploma
• Two years’ experience in office management in a reputable organization
• A minimum of a credit in English
• Knowledge in Records Management
• S/he should have good communication and customer care skills
• The incumbent should be a self-driven person
• S/he should have an impeccable record of integrity and confidentiality
• S/he should be able to work in teams
• S/he should possess good interpersonal skills
• Should be a person who pays attention to detail
• Must be able to ride a motorcycle
• Ability to work under pressure Desirable Requirements
• Training in Computer Applications.
• Training in Customer care or Public Relations.
• Training in Records Management.
How to Apply: All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 1st May 2021
More Information • Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda