EXTERNAL ADVERT UBOS is seeking for dynamic, competent, self-motivated, result oriented, and good team players of good character and high integrity to fill the following positions on the Census 2022. The individuals should be willing to spend considerable days away from home on mapping exercise and capable of walking comfortably throughout rural villages in the country.
Mapping Assistant (25)
UBOS/MA/CENSUS/2022 REPORTS TO:
GIS EMPLOYMENT TERMS:
Temporary (One Year Renewable upon Satisfactory performance) . Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake field mapping update in rural and urban areas;
• Demarcate Census Enumeration Areas according to field mapping guidelines;
• Undertake map digitization using the mapping data collected;
• List households in each Enumeration Area according to administrative locations;
• Document activities and complete field return forms;
• Ensure safety of project equipment allocated;
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Team Leader.
Not Specified Minimum
• A Diploma in Cartography OR a Certificate in GIS Applications (e.g. ArcGIS Desktop, Building Geo-databases, GIS Fundamentals, Advanced GIS, Web Mapping, Mobile Mapping, etc.);
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Ms Excel, Ms Word etc.), Internet and GIS application software is a pre-requisite. Job Education: Not Specified Related
• Experience in data collection, data management, and report writing
• Excellent inter-personal, writing, and communication skills.
• Knowledge and appreciation of statistical techniques including their application especially using STATA
Work Hours: 8