Vacancy title: 3 Social Workers
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Social Services
Jobs at: The AIDS Support Organisation (TASO)
Deadline of this Job: 30th October 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO requires the services of dedicated, competent, result oriented and innovative individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts below;
Job Title – REF: TS/HR/ PMGT 01: Social Worker (SOCY/DREAMS) (03) Classification: Contract-full time
Reports To: Cluster Team Leader
Salary: Commensurate with training and experience
Duty Station: Social Worker – DREAMS Rakai (01) and Social Worker – OVC for Rakai (01) and
Directly Supervises: Para-Social Workers (PSW)
Main Purpose of the Job: The Social Worker-SOCY/DREAMS Project will play a critical role in the planning and implementation of Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth / Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) OVC interventions in the project area. Working with the district and community structures, the Social Worker shall be responsible for identifying beneficiaries, conducting individual and household vulnerability and prioritization assessments and identifying children, youth and care givers whose HIV status is unknown and linking them to HCT, and those that are food insecure and link them to comprehensive OVC services..
• Participatory OVC services and resources mapping exercise conducted
• Updated district specific OVC service directories developed
• Para Social Workers identified and oriented referral networks of all service providers identified
• Mechanism for monitoring and tracking OVC services referral completion developed
• Quarterly sub-county referral reflection meetings conducted
• Economic opportunities for the AGYWs created and child welfare services provided
• Community and Para Social Workers’ capacity assessments and training programs conducted
• Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct participatory OVC services and resources mapping exercise to identify all existing community, CSO, public and private sector service providers
• Identify data sources of eligible households within the high burden communities
• Develop updated district specific OVC service directories
• Identify Para social workers and orient them in administration of project tools, beneficiary enrollment, case management, referral and linkages
• Create functional linkages and referral networks of all service providers identified in the project catchment areas.
• Work with the Linkages and Referrals Coordinators to develop a mechanism for monitoring and tracking OVC services referral completion
• Conduct quarterly sub-county referral reflection meetings to share progress, gaps and case conferencing
• Train Para Social Workers in HIV/AIDS management and psychosocial support
• Facilitate Para social workers to make case plans, referrals and follow up to completion
• Engage corporate partners and faith based organizations to create economic opportunities for the AGYWS
• Empower families to provide a nurturing environment and meet children and youth’s most critical care needs such as food security, and physical and mental health.
• Provide children, families, and caregivers with life-skills training and education to build self-esteem, resiliency and awareness of available support services.
• Help children, youths and families to build internal and external resources through parenting classes and family support groups, or peer support groups, and safe social spaces for children and youth.
• Provide quality counseling to children, youths and their caregivers to address psycho-social and health issues arising from HIV infection.
• Explore the socio-economic systems around OVC households to establish support for them
• Strengthen child-caregiver interactions and increase families’ access to health, nutrition, livelihood, and education to enhance child, family, and community well-being.
• Help community-based social and Para-social workers to identify child welfare services and support family access to these services in specific communities.
• Help Para social workers to build relationships and links with other communities, CSOs, and government offices to broaden families’ access to coordinated care.
• Carry out regular capacity assessments of community member roles and responsibilities; identify gaps and recruit community members to fill those gaps to support vulnerable children.
• Train and support community Para social workers and VHTs in their roles.
• Help to deliver training programs to Para-social workers and VHTs and help them to access additional training opportunities.
• Attend scheduled meetings.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Social Worker (SOCY/DREAMS)
• Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Work and Social Administration (SWASA), Social Sciences, Education, Community Psychology or Public Health. A related qualification in management studies is an added advantage.
• Evidence of a professional qualification in HIV/AIDS Counselling
• Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Applications and experience in strategia information
• Demonstrated community mobilization skills
• Minimum Experience and Exposure: At least two (2) years’ experience in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Luganda and English, including report writing Excellent training skills using adult-learning principles, particularly at the community level
• Experience in developing and managing referral systems is preferred.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed and with minimum supervision Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills
• Demonstrated ability to RIDE a Motorcycle is a MUST
• Key Qualities/Attributes: Strong integrity, Honesty and confidentiality.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: At least two (2) years’ experience
Job application procedure
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of which should be professional referees including their telephone and email contacts.
N.B TASO staff, former staff and clients must attach a signed recommendation letter from the respective Center Program Manager.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents in one folder and forward online applications with the relevant credentials to: https://www.cognitoforms.com/TASO1/THEAIDSSUPPORTORGANISATIONTASO .
Please note that only applications received online shall be considered.
Posting Date: 16th October 2019 Closing Date: 30th October 2019 at 11:59 pm.