Vacancy title: 3 Study nurses
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Helath Care
Jobs at: Global Health Uganda (GHU)
Deadline of this Job: 12th September 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Ref: GHU 010/2019
Global Health Uganda (GHU) is a registered not for profit, limited liability company with the mission to promote child health by conducting and facilitating quality and relevant research in child health, neurodevelopment and interventions. GHU invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following positions for the COAST (Children’s Oxygen Administration Strategies Trial) which will be based in Masaka hospital..
• Obtaining informed consent from caregivers of eligible patients as per protocol, in accordance with GCP and HSP principles.
• Counsel and explain study procedures to the caregivers of study participants.
• Work with study medical officer to enroll eligible patients into the study, to meet the study site specific accrual targets.
• Complete study CRFs, correctly and accurately in compliance with trial procedures / SOPs and GCP standards
• Ensure study participant safety and privacy, and data integrity and confidentiality.
• Provide emergency nursing care for study participants as per protocol.
• Support the study medical officer/participate in collection of appropriate samples/specimens from study participants as per protocol and SOPs, ensuring that the samples are sent to the appropriate labs.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Diploma in Nursing (registered Nurse) or Bachelors’ Degree in Nursing and registered with the Uganda National Nurses and Midwives Council.
• At least 1 year of post-qualification professional experience in handling children
• Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and or human subject protection (HSP) training is a MUST.
• A minimum of two (2) years prior nursing experience.
• Must speak fluent Luganda.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team are a must.
• Prior research experience will be a strong added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV, a TYPED cover letter, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of two work related referees to: The Human Resource Manager, Global Health Uganda, Plot 667 Mawanda Road, first turn on the right after the Mawanda Road Police Station not later than Thursday 12th September 2019 at 12:00pm. We appreciate your application however; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.