Job Title: Human Resource and Administrative Officer (5 Jobs)
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: NaCORI Kituza-Mukono, NaFORRI Kifu-Mukono, Buginyanya ZARDI – Bulambuli, Kachwekano ZARDI – Kabale and Nabuin ZARDI – Nakapiripirit, Uganda
Job Ref: NaCORI/9 (Mukono), NaFORRI/7 (Mukono), BugiZARDI/5 (Bulambuli), KaZARDI/4 (Kabale) and NabuZARDI/6 (Nakapiripirit)
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic human resource management plans and budgets.
- Responsible for coordinating the recruitment and selection process and serving as secretary to the appointment committee.
- Monitoring the performance of staff to ensure attainment of set performance targets and specifically evaluating performance of staff under-going probation in order to determine their suitability for confirmation in employment.
- In charge of developing, coordinating and implementing effective strategies for improving workplace relations in order to gain employee commitment and improved morale.
- Overseeing the implementation of an effective human resource management information system for monitoring, tracking and evaluating employee activities.
- Assessing training needs of staff as well as developing and implementing on the job-training programmes.
- Assisting the Director to execute administrative functions including fleet, assets and office management.
- Performing any other duties assigned to you by the Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the NARO Jobs should hold a good University degree with Human Resources Management offered as a major subject
- Five or more years’ experience in human resource management and or administration gained from a reputable institution.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma or higher qualification in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, NARO, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include three copies of your Curriculum Vitae and one copy of certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy (Check at top of the advert). The applicants should not apply for more than three posts.
Deadline: 17th November 2014 by 5.00p.m