Vacancy title: 5 Research Assistants
Type: FULL TIME
Jobs at: Makerere University School of Public Health
Deadline of this Job: 20th September 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
The“Community Access to Rectal Artesunate forMalaria ” (CARAMAL) research project is a
Partnership between Ministry of Health (National Malaria Control Program),UNICEF,CHAI,Swiss
TPH and Makerere University School of Public Health (the country research partner).
The overall goal of the CARAMAL project is to contribute to reducing malaria mortality in children globally, by improving the community management of suspected severe malaria cases.
Accompanying the roll-out of quality assured rectalartesuante (QARAS) by UNICEF and NMCP, the CARAMAL project will conduct a set of complementary research studies to provide evidence on the impact, operational, and health systems related factors relevant for the introduction of community basedpre- referral treatment with QARAS.
Makerere University School of Public Health is currently looking for competent individuals to fill the Following positions under the CARAMAL Research Project.
Research assistants (5 positions to be engaged on a short term basis of approximately 6 weeks in Kole,Oyam and Kwania districts)
Main Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of this position is to take part in data collection for an upcoming household
• Participate incomplete, timely and accurate house hold data collection and documentation of
• All study procedures.
• Ensure study participant safety
• Ensure study participant confidentiality
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Recently qualified medical professional (Doctor, Clinician, Nurse or Laboratorystaff)
• Be literate (able to read, write, and speak fluently) in Langi.
• Be computer literate (proficient in the use of MSoffice and internet, able to use atablet)
• Possession of research experience is an added advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal /communication skills
• Self-drive and ability to timely accomplish planned targets in data collection.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned requirements should submit their applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of their academic documents, day time contact telephone numbers, names and contact details of three references by email to email@example.com please copy firstname.lastname@example.org not late rthan Friday 20th, September2019.