Job Title: Data Assistant (8 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: District Technical Coordinator
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-N Project:
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Job Summary: The Data Assistant will strengthen data management at facility and community level. This will include proper documentation, records management, filing, archiving, data quality and reporting at the district and supported health facilities. He/she will ensure that there’s improved quality of data (facility and community) as reflected in DHIS2.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical assistance to improve quality, accuracy and timeliness of data.
- Build skills of frontline facility health care workers on Data Management including recording, filing, archiving and reporting. This includes provision of relevant guidelines and SOPs for effective data management at facility level.
- Ensure availability and utilisation of current versions of HMIS tools at the facility and community level.
- Organise district data review meetings to clean up facility level data.
- Facilitate performance review meetings to enable the teams understand and use data.
- Ensure functional EMR at high volume facilities and reporting using the system.
- Support data collection activities within their respective districts and provide timely response to adhoc data requests.
- Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Support in analysing and writing of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic district performance reports and their submission in stipulated deadlines.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID Project Data Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in data management particularly in the Northern region.
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and others.
- Thorough familiarity with the MOH HMIS systems.
- Understanding of USAID expectations.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the URC should upload their updated CVs / résumés and cover letters at the link below. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well, download it her