Job Title: Enumerators (8257 No Experience O’ Level Data Collection Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: All Districts, Uganda
About US: The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi- autonomous agency of Government responsible for maintenance of the National Statistical System to ensure the collection, analysis and dissemination of Statistical information. The Bureau has a dual role as the principal statistics producing agency and coordinator of the National Statistical System (NSS).
About National Livestock Census: The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) will be undertaking the National Livestock Census 2021 this year. The main objective of the National Livestock Census is to obtain a count of a country’s livestock and their associated characteristics. The National Livestock Census will be conducted from 17th May 2021 to 28th May 2021 in all districts in the country. It will involve door to door visits to all households with Livestock in Uganda. The Chief Administrative Officers (CAOs) will coordinate the activities of the National Livestock Census at district level and will appoint Supervisors at District, Sub-county and Parish level.
Job Summary: To ensure the conduct of the National Livestock Census 2021 (NLC), UBOS, through the respective Local Governments, is seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, team players of good character and integrity to work as Enumerators. A total number of 8,257 enumerators will be recruited.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect information on all livestock and their characteristics in the assigned Enumeration Area;
- Complete questionnaires correctly and according to the quality standards required.
- Ensure that all the Livestock Census materials/ equipment are properly handled, used and returned to the immediate Supervisor after the enumeration exercise is over;
- Compile and submit summary of the livestock population figures for each Enumeration Area;
- Attend and participate in all training sessions;
- Perform any other functions for the Livestock Census which the immediate Supervisor may assign from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have at least an “O” level Certificate and must have passed English and mathematics at “O” level
- Possession of an “A” level certificate will be added advantage
- Should preferably be resident in the Parish and have knowledge of the boundaries of the Parish;
- Should be Fluent in the main local language spoken in the area
- Must have a NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION CARD
- Must have a mobile telephone number registered in OWNER’S NAME for mobile money transactions.
- Must be of good conduct and responsible citizen;
- Must be available from 11th May to 31st May 2021
- Experience in data collection activities is an added advantage
Skills and other attributes
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances
How to Apply: All candidates for the position for the position of Enumerator for the National Livestock Census 2021 (NLC) jobs should send handwritten Applications (Hard Copies) bearing full residential and contact address (including mobile telephone numbers and email addresses where applicable) as well as photocopies of the required certificates. The applications should indicate the Job Title, District, Subcounty, Parish/Ward/Village of Residence on top of the first page of the Application Letter. All applications and testimonials should be submitted directly to the Chief Administrative Officer of the respective District. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Deadline: 11th May, 2021, at 5.00pm.NB: Uganda Bureau of Statistics is an all equal employment opportunity organisation.