Vacancy title: Accountant
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Accounting & Finance
Jobs at: Chemonics
Deadline of this Job: 4th October 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Chemonics seeks various positions for the anticipated ﬁve-year. $35 million USAID Uganda Social and Behavior Change for Transformation iSBC4T) project in Uganda. The purpose of SBC4T is to improve the ability of individuals. Households and communities to adopt priority behaviors through Social and Behavior Change (SBC). which will in turn transform households. communities, and systems for improved health and development outcomes. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping people lead healthy lives around the world.
• A university degree and/or a certiﬁcation in accounting. ﬁnancial management. auditing. or related ﬁeld.
• At least ﬁve (5) years’ experience in accounting. bookkeeping. ﬁnancialanalysis or related ﬁeld.
• Previous experience as a USAID-funded project accountant with procurement experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Ugandan taxation laws and regulations with experience withholding and remitting to the Ugandan Revenue Authority (URA) and other local governmental ministries or departments.
• Experience working with ABACUS. QuickBooks or other accounting software is highly desirable.
• Excellent working capabilities with Microsoft Excel. Word and other software packages.
• Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: university degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Job application procedure
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/sbc4tlive . Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are ﬁlled. No telephone inquiries. please. Finalists will be contacted.