Vacancy title: Accountant
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Administrative & Office
Jobs at: Sentegram Ltd
Deadline of this Job: 14th September 2019
Duty Station:Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Sentegram is committed to sending money through the whole of east Africa region and working towards bringing the service to even more people across the globe. Our services are service primarily focused on serving the East African region at the moment and we offer the best exchange rates in the market! We additionally offer an easy, fast and most importantly secure way to send funds instantly to your family and friends’ mobile wallets. The security of your funds is guaranteed with the added flavour of fast and efficient transactions from different parts of the world. With all the factors considered, Sentegram has come up with a unique way of transacting business that puts the customers at ease and sets you on the path to security and assurance of your funds.
Job Summary: The Accountant will be responsible for receivables management, payables management, management of statutory requirements, and preparing monthly financial reports..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing accounts and tax returns
• Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
• Auditing financial information
• Compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
• Analysing accounts and business plans
• Providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
• Financial forecasting and risk analysis
• Negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organizations
• Payables Management: The financial accountant will be responsible for the recognition of supplier invoices and processing payments.
• Reporting: prepare monthly and quarterly reports including but not limited to the statement of comprehensive income (P&L), statement of financial position (Balance sheet), and analysing the financial trends in terms costs, revenue, financial obligations, and predicting future revenues and expenditures and advising management accordingly.
• Budgeting and budget management: The financial accountant will be responsible for monitoring the budgets and make forecast and advise management accordingly
• Banking and cash management: the financial accountant will assist in banking the collections and carrying out bank reconciliations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant must hold a BSc (Finance and Accounting).
• Must have relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA or CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a large and busy firm preferably in a healthcare related field.
• Practical experience in using computerized financial accounting packages.
• Experience in Quick books preferrable
• Analytical, forecasting and accounting skills
• Good numerical skills
• Dependable, honest and able to maintain confidentiality
• Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Well-developed oral, written (report writing) communication skills
• Self-motivated, able to prioritize work and follow up tasks and issues to the end
• Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Email)
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Three years
Job application procedure
All qualified candidates are invited to submit applications, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees (who are not relatives) with their day time telephone contacts. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications may be sent Email to firstname.lastname@example.org