Job Title: Accountant (Part-time)
Organisation: SMAT Marketing
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SMAT Marketing is a business communications consultancy for growth-minded brands. Founded in 2014 in Kampala, Uganda, SMAT Marketing has quickly become one of the most reliable marketing companies, partnering with growing businesses to achieve their branding, sales and awareness goals.
Job Summary: The accountant’s core job objective is to prepare and examine financial records and ensure that the company’s financial information and compliance are up to date and accurate. This will initially be a part-time engagement. The successful candidate will be required to log in a total of 12 compulsory days per month.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing accounts and tax returns
- Monitoring spending and budgets
- Auditing and analyzing financial performance
- Financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Advising on how to reduce costs and increase profits
- Compiling and presenting financial and budget reports
- Ensure that financial statements and records comply with laws and regulations
- Keeping account books and systems up to date.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree/Diploma in Business with a Finance or Commerce bias
- Certification with one of the Professional Accountancy bodies such as ACCA is an added advantage
- A minimum of two years of hands-on accounting experience.
- Proficient Knowledge of at least 1 web-based accounting software.
- Working knowledge of local taxation laws & procedures
- Proven integrity and confidentiality in managing financial resources
- A high level of interpersonal, management skills and ability to work with teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Enhanced numerical and quantitative skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Time management and organization
- Excellent Communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 13th August 2021