Job Title: Accountant
Organization: Kenya Re Insurance Corporation United
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kenya Re Insurance Corporation United is a leading insurer and located at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE. It is ISO 9001:2015 Certified and ISO 27001:2013 Certified Kenya Re is rated B Far by AM Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company.
Job Summary: The Accountant will prepare, develop and analyze key financial Information to facilitate Management’s decision-making. The position will provide high-quality support by using with other departments on all finance matters, budgetary management and control. The position will be responsible for financial reporting and submission of statutory returns to authorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and enhancing Accounts Payables process to ensure all invoices are timely and accurately paid.
- Preparing and monitoring of subsidiary’s annual financial budget
- Preparing the monthly payroll
- Allocating and matching of reinsurance receipts and payments and managing the petty cash
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Coordinating the tagging of Fixed Assets upon acquisition prior to assignment and payment for the same.
- Recording all Fixed Asset acquisitions, retirements and transfers, as well as monthly depreciation in Oracle, always ensuring all information is up-to-date
- Monthly reconciliation of all vendor accounts within set deadlines
- Fling of all accounts payable documents on a timely base and in an easily retrievable manner.
- Preparing accounts schedules for internet, interim and annual audits and timely resolution of audit queries.
- Any other duties assigned by Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any business related field from recognized university
- They should be Qualified Accountants with an equivalent of CPA US/ACCA or any other equivalent
- Internationally recognized professional qualification
- They should have three years of accounting experience and a thorough understanding of International
- Financial Reporting Standard FRS
- In addition, they should have the ability to meet strict deadlines and work without supervision, have excellent knowledge and hands-on working experience in operating MS O u t Experience he working with Oracle Financials will be an added advantage
- They should have excellent interpersonal and communication ,be able to operate in a performance driven environment and be a team player with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disability. They should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited,
P.O Box 30271, 00100 GPO NAIROBI
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16th September 2019