Reports to: Accountant
Timeframe: 6-months contract with possibility for performance-based extension
Who We Are
EnerGrow is an appliance financing company based in Uganda, founded in December 2017. EnerGrow’s team comprises seasoned energy access experts, social entrepreneurs, finance experts and a group of multi-disciplinary advisors. EnerGrow’s team has provided training to more than 4,000 small businesses in Uganda, surveyed thousands of customers and has more than 25 years combined experience delivering projects in East Africa.
What We Do
EnerGrow provides demand stimulation services for utility companies and mini-grid companies, increasing consumption of energy amongst existing connections and incentivizing new customers to seek a connection.
For electricity consumers, EnerGrow offers appliance financing and training – overcoming the key barrier to productive energy uses, and the economic and social benefits that energy should bring. Most energy customers can afford power, but they cannot afford the appliances with which to benefit from power.
About the Role
EnerGrow is conducting a pilot financing project for women led businesses in Mbale District to identify opportunities and inform its program methodology. Their aim is to grow sustainable, productive business that can increase electricity demand in Uganda in the long run.
The Accounting Officer is responsible for bookkeeping, including maintaining company financial records, monthly billing and reports for review by the management team. This includes, but is not limited to: accounts receivable and payable, payroll, payroll taxes, quarterly payroll tax reports, invoicing, personnel payroll records, monthly, quarterly and yearly business reports, computer data entry of time slips as well as working with the company’s accounting firm and insurance agent and other items as needed by management. This role will cover the pilot project in Mbale..
The specific tasks of this role include:
● Fully in charge bookkeeping including all month and year end journal entries.
● Compilation and preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements for the project.
● Maintain employee records including but not limited to hours, salary, mileage and personal time off, etc.
● Process payroll monthly, file all payroll taxes and forms monthly, quarterly and yearly.
● Maintain payroll files and reports.
● Maintain all client accounts of time, billings and payments.
● Collection of accounts receivable when necessary.
● Prepare all monthly client invoicing and vendor payments for management team approval and mailing.
● Keeping records and tracking of all company assets purchased and in use.
● Update records when assets are removed and no longer in use.
● Prepare and maintain grant reporting and estimating.
● Provide advice and assistance in making decisions in the areas of finances, analysis, financial software and accounting as requested by accountant.
● Working cooperatively with the company’s accountant
• A minimum bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline, preferably with other professional qualifications.
• Possesses a minimum of 4 years of experience in asset based lending or related activities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have demonstrated ability to make sound professional decisions.
• Maintain client and business confidentiality.
• Be detail oriented, organized and accurate.
• Demonstrate the ability to work with numbers and understand a broad range of common financial matters in a timely manner.
• Be able to work with diverse personalities.
• Be willing to pursue collection of accounts receivables.
• A team player who can manage efficiently in a changing environment
• Ability to work independently
• High level of integrity
• Fluency in English and Lugisu/Lumasaba
• Strong skills MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Commitment to excellence, outstanding work ethic, and attention to detail
• Resourcefulness and creative problem solvingSharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Method of Application
Please send your resume an cover letter to [email protected] In your cover letter, please state what excites you most about this role, and what you think will be most challenging about it. Deadline: 6pm 30th October 2020