Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 100 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years. The JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. ID a leading public health research and consulting organization.
About USAID RHITES-N Project:
RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population- based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally- driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will set up and maintain the JSI financial accounts and an up-to-date Mobile Money payment system; preparation of expenditure projections, documenting and reporting all expenses paid through the Mobile Money payment system. The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day support of the project’s Mobile Money payment system, financial records, payments, and receipts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other Finance staff and Technical staff to project weekly cash requirements for the Mobile Money Payment system;
- Travel to activities’ sites, work with Activity Manager to compile documents required for payment of beneficiaries and their mobile money numbers;
- Submit the payment details to the Accountant for onward processing – Verify beneficiaries and amounts to be paid;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID RHITES-N Project Accounts Assistant job placement should hold a Diploma in a Finance, Accounting or business-related field
- Two years of relevant experience in financial management and/or accounting in an NGO setting;
- Previous experience with QuickBooks accounting system is an added advantage
- Working with Mobile Money payments systems is strongly desired;
- Ability to travel for extensive periods of time to the project and field activity sites;
- Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs are an added advantage;
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated cover letters and updated CVs to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th April 2018