Job Title: Administration and Operations Officer
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
WorldFish is an international, nonprofit research organization with headquarters in Penang, Malaysia, and offices in Asia, Africa, and the Pacific. WorldFish’s mission is to harness the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to reduce poverty and hunger in developing countries.
Job Summary: The Administration and Operations Officer will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support services to TRUE-FISH Component 3.3 activities in Uganda, and ensure eligibility of WorldFish Program expenditure in line with WorldFish and EU rules. Based at the Program Management Unit at the Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO) Offices in Jinja, the post holder will work closely with the WorldFish Biodiversity Advisor and WorldFish’s administrative and operational support team based in WorldFish HQ and/or regional offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement project financial and administrative records and work with the partner organization to prepare monthly expenditure reports by ensuring that the expenditures are justified in accordance with the relevant provisions of the financial authorizations before submitting to WorldFish HQ and/or regional offices for data capture in OCS.
· Review project expenditure statements with Project Management team and interact with WorldFish HQ and/or regional offices lead financial management persons.
· Ensure expenditures are made in line with project work plan and budget and establish clear tracking system of budget utilization.
· Provide financial and logistical support to field activities and work closely with the project team to ensure funds disbursements to carry out project workshops are appropriately accounted for and liquidated timely.
· Prepare and review of project activity budgets for workshops or any other event and prepare advance requests for cash disbursement.
· Review and monitor balance sheet accounts such as accounts receivables and payables and ensure timely liquidations of expenses.
· Assist project management to ensure procurement and settlement of all invoices is done in a timely manner.
· Prepare requests for supplier Payments for submission to LVFO and track payments to internal and external stakeholders.
· Proper filing of financial records to ensure it is easily accessible for audit purposes.
· Provide general financial support as required for the office management and project.
· Perform any other relevant duties to ensure successful implementation of the project
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: This job is open for individuals with the right to work and live in Uganda with the following skills and qualifications:
· At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, or relevant degree with subjects in Accountancy and Economics.
· At least 3 years’ experience in accounting and finance, preferably work experience in donor funded or not for profit environment set up.
· Computer literate, team player and good interpersonal skills.
· Proficient in MS Excel, MS Outlook and any other Microsoft application software.
· Able to communicate effectively in English (oral and written).
· Understanding of project management is an added benefit.
· Adaptable, having positive personality, flexible and possessing the foresight to anticipate needed support.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online at the link below:
· A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of how you are most suitable for this role, referring to the key responsibilities and what you would bring to the role;
· A current curriculum vitae;
· Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report. None of referees will be contacted without your permission and only if the role is offered.
· Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 29th December 2020