Job Title: Administration Officer
Organisation: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The Administration Officer will perform routine clerical and administrative duties, and assisting the project coordinator with all aspects of administrative management including; logistics, organizing project’s files and documents, directory maintenance, scheduling appointments and meetings, equipment and storage and supporting other staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the field implementation teams with processing activity requests, accountabilities and payments, and maintain a document tracker to facilitate a systematic, timely flow and review of documents by the relevant authorities.
· Organise and schedule appointments, project meetings, taking accurate minutes and confirmation of attendance for required participants.
· Make travel arrangements and prepare requests for travels related to project and travel reimbursements for project staff.
· Supervise clerical duties of the project including scanning, photocopying, biding and maintaining appropriate filing system for all project reports and assisting in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
· Place and expedite orders for project supplies to procurement and administration units, verify receipt of supplies, and support the field teams with all logistics required for implementing project activities.
· Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies and updates the project coordinator for action.
· Ensure operation of equipment such as motorcycles by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, and maintaining equipment inventories.
· Maintain contact lists of all project stakeholders, and write and distribute e-mails, correspondences, memos, letters to partners when asked and on behalf of the project manager and other staff.
· Coordinate between departments and operations unit in resolving the day today administrative and operational problems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social sciences, organization psychology or relevant degree with relevant experience in a similar busy role.
· Three years of relevant work experience
· Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
· You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 12th March 2021